CISSP - Book Suggestion

joydeep.mondaljoydeep.mondal Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I wish to know which book you would suggest (everybody have their own preference and all for a reason) to start preparing for CISSP.

Second question, I have Shon Harris 6th Edition with me. Now that 7th Edition is it absolutely necessary to switch to 7th Edition!

Thanking you all in advance for your response.

Regards,
Joy

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As you said, everyone has their own preference. You'll need to find a book that suits your style. The Harris book is very long and I feel it has way more information than you need. The Eric Conrad books are much more to the point. That being said, I used both. The Harris book was mainly used to strengthen my weak domains and I use it as a reference to this day.

The 6th edition is going to be based on the 10 domain system while the 7th is 8 domains. If it were me, I would go with the 7th edition just because it's fresh and in the current exam format.
  • shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sybex 7th edition is good
  • shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Joideep,

You can use Shon harris 6th edition .The extra bits you can refer 7th edition using Safari Books free email account for 10 days.
  • joydeep.mondaljoydeep.mondal Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You to All for such good response. It really helps. (Y).

Cheers,
    Joydeep
  • razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cool.gif Eric Conard and Sybex.
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Eric Conrad and now going through Sybex. Sybex is good like it and the end of the chapter tests are good too.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i have watched all the CBTnuggets videos. i just bought the current Shon Harris book. Pretty big, might take a bit to read. Depending on how quick I get through it, might also pick up the Sybex book. Hoping to pass this on the first try.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eric Conrad if you have experience in majority of the CISSP CBK domains and Sybex official guide otherwise. Use AIO as reference for areas you are weak in.