Options

What does Non Proctored Oracle Exam means ?

JohnGrubJohnGrub Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm new to certifications. What does it mean when the say "non-proctored" exam ?
Does it mean that I can just pay the exam fees myself and take the test at home without going to a test center ?

The exam I' saw was non proctored is the Oracle SQL Fundamentals 1z0-061

​Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It means no one is observing you and you're able to take this from anywhere. A proctored exam on the other hand, typically takes place at a proctoring center where they have cameras on you and you don't have access to the internet or any PC/mobile device.
  • Options
    JohnGrubJohnGrub Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    ...no one is observing you and you're able to take this from anywhere...

Okay I understand. Thanks for the quick reply
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And infinitely easier to **** by having whatever materials you wish - nearby. This can also lead to some over confidence by not knowing the material enough to get through the timed part of an exam before expiry.

- b/eads
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You bring up a good point, you might get a few answers by having **** materials nearby, but as GIAC exams show us, having an open book exam isn't as easy as you would think it would be. On the other hand, you could have your buddy Fred over to help you or take the test for you.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Microsoft guy here, but that is only available I believe for the intro level certification, but to get the real cert you need to go to the testing center for the second half. I think.....