Options

What's going on?? (Job application)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i find the higher I go in my career (and salary) the longer the interviews and waiting takes. For example, I (potentially) have an offer in hand for right below 6 figures, and i did a phone interview, a panel interview, and then met the top tier exec. All told me I was the bees knees and they wanted to hire me.

Practically a done deal... however the actual offer took well over a month to get to me. They stayed in contact and told me I was their guy and they were definitely doing it, but from first contact to offer, probably 2 months.

in that long delay, obviously I got nervous and thought it was not happening, so I set up other stuff. Had an interview for a higher level role somewhere else, much higher pay, 120k. I did 2 to 3 phone calls with the recruiters, one hour call with a Director, then I went on site for a 6 hour day.. but they passed on me
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nans wrote: »
    I applied for a job and the next day recruiter talked to me, made me a take a test and two days later talked to manager over phone. Then 1 week later went for one to one interview with 7 people for 5 hours. When asked he said, they would contact me in few days. THAT's IT, 6 months later I am still waiting to hear back from them. Contacted recruiter, Manager no one replied back
    Was it a temp agency or the actual company? If it's the company itself, that's pretty shitty. If it's a temp recruiter, well to be honest a lot of them are pretty bad...I can somewhat understand the manager not getting back to you, HR should be the ones getting back with you.