Options

A Few Good CISSPs

rbcarletonrbcarleton Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those of you who enjoyed "A Few Good Men". If only Colonel Jessup was a firewall admin and well, ethical enough to be a CISSP. Very tongue in cheek:

"You can’t handle the truth! …Son, we live in a network that has firewalls, and those firewalls have to be guarded by CISSPs. Who’s gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for not having that network traffic, and you curse the CISSPs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That not having that traffic, while unfortunate, probably saved the network. And my existence, while annoying and incomprehensible to you, saves the network. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that firewall, you need me on that firewall. We use words like confidentiality, integrity, availability. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way."

My apologies to Rob Reiner and Jack Nicholson.