Education & Development
IT & Security Boot Camps
Security Awareness Training
Network+ on Friday
I just finished my sybex books and am doing the gcga practice tests and flashcards and the examcompass practice tests.
Any areas I should focus on more than others?
Tips for taking it?
Level 99 Wizard
This is how I passed my Net+:
- Watch all of Professor Messers videos and make notes where I can -
Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses
- Thoroughly study the notes and go over each one.
- Use the CompTIA Net+ objectives and mark each section as a checklist so I knew every point that could come up in the exam (this really helped):
- Go over Darril Gibsons book if you can. I haven't used it myself but heard a lot of good reviews.
- Use practice tests to test your knowledge (I recommend MeasureUp over ExamCompass but paid for):
IT Certification Practice Tests and Exams | Online Courses | MeasureUp
(Paid for but excellent)
(Free but not as detailed or structured)
Advice for the exam:
- SKIP the simulation questions until last. They may pop up at the very start and catch you offguard. They take the most time to complete so leave them until later (there's usually only 2 or 3).
- Go through all multiple choice questions and answer the ones you are 100% or near confident in. Don't spend too long on a single question. If you don't know one, flag it and come back later.
- Stick with your first answer. Usually your gut instinct choice is right first time, and when I changed my mind I got it wrong.
You are timed so you need to progress quickly, but don't rush. Take your time and follow what I did and you are bound to pass.
CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+, MTA NF (98-366), MTA OSF (98-349), MCTS: Win 7, MCP Win 10 (70-698)
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 ( 70-740 | 70-741 | 70-742 )
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." -