Options

Sony vaio notebook madness ;(

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's a Sony Vaio PCG-Z1AP laptop.

This doctor brought his laptop computer to me. His one PCMCIA slot is messed up after he dropped his computer on the floor...so anything you put in the slot locks up the whole machine. He sent it to sony and they said he would need to replace the board. Problem is, I can't find anyone that sells the motherboards and it's looking like I'll be forced to send it to sony for him. Apparently sony doesn't sell stuff to people that don't work for them. <_<

I was looking into an external reader for the PCMCIA wireless nic card he has. Most that I found don't seem to work for it though, so it seems like a gamble to me. Any suggestions?

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    If it's only the wireless card you can get USB Wireless devices? Infact I think you can probably get a USB version of any PCMCIA device ...
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    He's a doctor, and this was an expensive card worth several hundred $$$ that he has to use. It was given to him by the hospital, so I don't think he can get by without it.

We ended up finding him an external card reader for USB that supports this card, so we're going to give it a try.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680