Options

Exam questions I always get wrong

PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
Aggregation and Inference - I keep mixing these up

Due care and Due diligence - As above. no matter how much I read about this I always seem to get a question that seems to blur the difference

TCSEC levels - can never remember them!

And double negative questions tie my brain in knots - i.e. What is not a negative feature of ......

Sorry, rant over.

Comments

• Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This the SSCP exam? Have you sat it yet?
  • Options
    No CISSP

Currently using CCcure and Official Practice tests questions
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aggregation : you add multiple information
    Inference : you have multiple information sources. Key is lower classification information. and you use logic

Due diligence : Research
    Due care: Action

TCSEC levels: Try to understand what makes them difference from one another. dont memorize.
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Aggregation: building up little piles of information/piling up information
    like a coral reef or a leaf pile, piles of garbage during a sanitation strike

Inference: making guesses/assumptions based on what information nuggets you have...If I see bags of candy at someone's home, I might infer that the person is expecting trick-or-treaters.

Due diligence: Enforcing due care (I think Conrad's 11th Hour kept me straight on this one.)..."Diligence" is a longer word than "care," so it must be more sophisticated, more advanced, right?

TCSEC levels and other level-based concepts: just memorize the general trend....is it low to high or high to low?
  • Options
    Thanks guys. There are some good tips there. I will hopefully make the connection to this thread the next time one of these type of questions come up.
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    The Official Practice Tests---at least the individual domain tests---are pretty brutal. Don't let the amount of detail discourage you.
  • Options
    What is really stressing me out is BCP/DRP

Every source I have conflicts with each other when detailing the steps. This references the official ISC2. which conflicts with NIST 800-34 and also conflicts with Sybex which again conflicts with 11th hour!
    1. Project initiation
    2. Business impact assessment
    3. Recovery strategy
    4. Plan design and development
    5. Implementation
    6. Testing
    7. Monitoring and maintenance
  • Options
    ZelaZela Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just know the basic flow and key concepts of each step of the BCP/DRP.

I used flash cards for certain things I had trouble remembering.
  • Options
    kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Aggregation: building up little piles of information/piling up information
    like a coral reef or a leaf pile, piles of garbage during a sanitation strike

Inference: making guesses/assumptions based on what information nuggets you have...If I see bags of candy at someone's home, I might infer that the person is expecting trick-or-treaters.

Due diligence: Enforcing due care (I think Conrad's 11th Hour kept me straight on this one.)..."Diligence" is a longer word than "care," so it must be more sophisticated, more advanced, right?
    This is how I read and understood also.
    Care means research, plan etc. Diligence means enforcement.
    WRONG
    According to CBK book, Q 7 its other way round. " due diligence is understanding the current threats and risks and due care is implementing
    countermeasures to provide protection from those threats."