Options

CPE resources

IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
I recently obtained my CISSP in July and wanted to get a fresh post out there for great CPE resources.

I will be going to GCIH later this year, which will take care of 37 CPEs but thought it would be a good idea for others to share their best resources. I plan on listening to a few security related podcasts a week for a good chunk. Also plan on hitting a few local conferences, online training (cybray.it count?), books, etc...

Where do you typically get most of your CPEs outside of week long training events?

Thanks for sharing!

Comments

• Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Along the same lines, does anyone have a CPE tracking matrix they would like to share? I'm putting one together and simply plan on tracking the resource, date and number of CPEs.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Te ISC2 monthly Infosec magazine is always a reliable option, but it's only 1 CPE at a time (12 per year if you do them all.)
    Check Meetup.com for related activities happening in your area, as well.
    I don't use a matrix, just combine everything I do & it always adds up to enough CPE's at the end of the day.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One long course a year, i.e. CCSP, HCISPP, CISA, SANS, whatever. Followed by a security magazine subscription (SC Magazine), bi-monthly quiz from the ISC(2) and fill in with any security based webinars I happen to entertaining. Usually do at least one get together like a "Sail and learn" out of Chicago and more likely to do a THOTcon or CircleCity con a couple of times a year. Basically, I can round every CPE up in about 18 months if I pay attention and have an auditable record ready to go.

Its really pretty easy if you stay on top of things but I have seen people wait until a few weeks beforehand and cram 3 years of procrastination combined with devout prayer they won't be audited.

Never pretty.

- b/eads