Options

CCIE path with Micronics training

davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am starting my pursuit for my CCIE R&S at the beginning of year. I am considering going the Micronics path rather than INE. Have anyone used Micronics? Can you give me your thoughts on Micronics? I plan to take the bootcamp this summer. I am curious to know what is their success rate vice INE.

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been using Narbik's workbooks and they are great. Why limit yourself to one vendor though? Use Micronics and INE. Yes it's more expensive but it's the CCIE we're talking about. It will pay you back in the end.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Micronics is great for the bootcamp and the workbooks - they're working slowly on a CCNA/CCNP offering for VOD but you're best to stick with INE for the CCIE VODs for now which is easy enough. As far as lab workbooks, you can never have enough so definitely jump on both INE and Micronics for theirs. Micronics does have serial interfaces in their workbooks and rack rentals which is fortunate. It's sort of a limitation in INE's current rack rentals due to the fact they're using CSRs right now and Micronics is using physical equipment. The virtualization platform that the CCIE R&S lab uses can have serial interfaces and even if it's potentially a small part of the lab, it's great to troubleshoot and configure on hardware (or another virtualization platform that supports it) a few times before you take the lab.

Good luck on your journey.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Iristheangel Thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it. @Koz24 I tried to used INE, but to be honest, it is too wordy for me. I'm going to try the Micronics and see what happens. My friend has a INE CCIE account if need be I will use his account. My first book will be the NEW Advanced CCIE Foundations v5.0 Workbook by Narbik. I will see how I feel about it once I received the book.
    [h=1][/h]
  • Options
    rtidrtid Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Micronics is fine, other than their severely outdated content delivery and base hardware requirements.

INE is fine, though not without bugs and annoyances.

You will likely find yourself doing all types of wasteful yoga to bend CCIE content to your will regardless of vendor. I won't bore you with those details, nor deprive you of the discovery process; this is a journey not a destination, right?
  • Options
    @rtid Thanks for your input. I'm sure I will have to go over the INE material eventually. For now, I'm going to with Micronics and read post of ppl here.