Options

CISSP memorization

hugebrainhugebrain Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi all,

Please do i have to memorize all protocols/layers, laws, models, algorithm asymmetric/symmetric ... ? because there is a lot things ... and i don't know how to get it ... do you have an advise for me?
My test is planned for 7 november
thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In my opinion it's not about rote memerazation, it's about understanding the material. There are a lot of things because it's a multi-faceted exam. The CBK contains a lot of information that interacts and the key is knowing and understanding how they interact from a business and technical level. Remember, it is a business based discipline that interacts with technology as one component of many. Some phrases that may help: risk based, cost justified; people and policy. Here are some resources that have helped people:

Resources:

The Official 7th Edition Study Guide.

Sybex 7th Edition.

Eric Conrad 11th Hour.

ISC2 Official practice tests.

CCCure test engine.

Cybrary.it CISSP course (free) - Worked well for me and there is an MP3 component for listening to while driving or working out.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have a hugebrain, you'll be fine :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Certain things, I would dedicate to memorization. OSI model layers and crypto algorithms would be at the top of the list. (Knowing if each algorithm is asymetric/symetric, key sizes, characteristics, etc)
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some rote memorization is definitely needed for the test but since your asking a few days ahead of time, don't worry we are sure you've already done your homework and studied these types of nuances already.

- b/eads
  • Options
    thanks a lot ...
    I'm full time on it... i hope that will be enough to pass the exam
  • Options
    pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All you need is get the concepts right and you should be good. I had the same fear when i went to the exam it was good if you have concepts well. Take good breaks, if you are unsure answer it and flag it. At the end take a break comeback and review the flagged questions. Don't rush to complete the exam and get out. Also People first, then risk, money and manager.
    All the very best.
  • Options
    thank you pinksj ... i will take my time and no fear hhh
  • Options
    pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are welcome. again all the very best.
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    There is a few things that is expected to be known, or if you know it, it is helping to answer the question anyways. My best advice would be to use notes ( 1-2 pages), and flashcard on the phone, there is a few apps, some include cissp community questions set and you can create your own as well.
  • Options
    malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

am using Eric Conrad 3rd Edition and CCcure only. feels better on these two as i am aiming for end of this December.