Options

CyberSeek

docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just came across this. Can't personally vouch for the data shown but at least it's nice to look at:

http://cyberseek.org

Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cute site. A bit of luff and certainly a great deal of job inflation as to how they measure availability. I picked Midland Michigan and saw this: 28 open positions. Really, Midland is known for having one employer - Dow Chemical. I saw maybe two different postings all year for Midland, one at Dow the other at a local hospital.

TOTAL CYBERSECURITY JOB OPENINGS

Shows the number of online job listings for cybersecurity-related positions from July 2015 through June 2016.

With a spread like this its no wonder there is an acute "shortage" of security folks out there.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Mahendra_Mahendra_ Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

How to use the CyberSeek tool to get open positions alerts. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Infosecm__
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Maybe I missed something but I don't think this is what the site does. There's a plethora of job aggregation sites you can use for alerts.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I question where they get there data from, if there are indeed that many openings, where are they? Show me the job openings.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    One of the partners, Burning Glass, is "scanning and analyzing job ads on close to 40,000 sites daily for real-time insight into who’s hiring, what they’re looking for, and where the opportunities are." It look like they run big data analytics on all the data they capture and come up with trends, etc. So the data is scraped from LinkedIn, Indeed, Dice, and 39,997 other sites.