Need commendation on CISSP!

jcboyjcboy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I took the CISSP exam back in 2009 but didn't pass at that time, so I am planning to revisit the CISSP soon. I know the topics have changed compared to my first attempt in 2009. I need recommendation on how should I prepare for my CISSP exam. Which books should I get?

Thanks,

jcboy

Comments

• jcboyjcboy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, there is a typo in the subject, it should be Need Recommendation on CISSP! I am trying to figure out how to edit the subject.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Read many of the passed threads for a lot of useful study information. If you did it in 2009, you can probably still use your old materials and then complement that with one of the new books.
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hi,

It's a time versus money question as well. If you can get the last books, you might lose less time to try to complete the gap, and just learn everything again, which is probably the best solution or what I would do anyways.
    Depends on the book(s) you used in the first time, maybe pickup something different this time, Eric Conrad is a different more straight to the point style than Shon Harris book.

Cybrary Video is essential and free. Cccure wasn't my favorite but turned out a pretty good reference compare to the exam.

If you have access to electronical public library you can compare the books and 'rent' them for 30days for free or longer, that'a s good way too.

Good luck, and use this forum as motivation, read posts, and participate, this helped me to go through.
  • jcboyjcboy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Shon Harris CISSP All-In-One book and one of the book from the ISC 2. It seems Shon Harris All-In-One is one of the favourite books for CISSP but it covers a lot.....I have never read the Eric Conrad book, maybe I should try this time.