Cybrary.it Entry Level CyberSecurity Analyst

Comments

• SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ugh. I hate this rash of CSA courses that don't cover the actual needed knowledge to act as an analyst. If the course doesn't teach you how to read, analyze alerts, discover FP's, ect, they need to change the freaking name. This is security basics with IDS overview.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be going for the CSA+ once released, I believe this is February 2017. Can anyone clarify this?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Correct. CSA+ exam to be released on February 15, 2017.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Use it for what it is. A learning tool with a test at the end to verify that you did some kind of learning. (Unless you ****, and that would be really dumb.)

Don't expect it to mean much on your resume, though.
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Use it for what it is. A learning tool with a test at the end to verify that you did some kind of learning. (Unless you ****, and that would be really dumb.)

Don't expect it to mean much on your resume, though.

lol to cheating. We are adults. Children ****. Cheating will ruin the rep of Cybrary and mine. Yes, I am using as a learning tool for example. I suck at Risk Management and it brought it to light. so I am reading everything about Risk Management as a whole, currently reading CISSP official book domain 3. A 100 pages of utter confusion.Maybe i am not getting because I can't just install it and configure, then break it. Soon or later the light bulb will it.

I don't expect much but to learn.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Oh, my comment was definitely not directed at you! But you get the picture. Some people never grow up!
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    lol. A bunch peter pans