GCIH pass 87%

malcolmcatmalcolmcat Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am happy to announce that I passed the GCIH 504 exam today with a score of 87%.

I took the 504 class with Chris Pizor in mid-July and highly recommend him as an instructor.

I only studied off and on for the first month or so but spent more time trying to build my initial index file. My practice exam results were:

1st practice exam 68% early September
2nd practice exam 77% late October

The 68% score in early September made me realize I definitely was not prepared and ended up re-reading all the books at least two more times in the next couple of weeks, while still updating my index. I think I ended up revising/updating my index 6 times, making sure that any term in the index also had a brief description or what it was or did and what major heading/category it applied to as well as the book and page numbers.

I felt much more comfortable taking the 2nd practice exam, and I think I was at 85% correct mid way through that exam until I started rushing through it and made some silly mistakes.

I revised the index one last time before taking the actual exam today. The exam was going pretty well and I very comfortable with how it was going.

Had one bit of a scare. I was only a few questions from finishing the exam and had time to spare, but the computer crashed and no longer displayed the exam. Thankfully, by staying calm (if that was possible) and I alerted the exam monitor, they called the tech support people and after a delay of about 10 minutes got my exam back up to the point where I had been. I finished the final questions and was relieved to see the passing score of 87%. I have since checked my sans account and comfirmed that the pass and score are there.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats...that computer crash must have been pretty scary. I'm sure you'd be fine score wise but having to spend another 3 hours in the test center would not be fun.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm taking the course in January, any tips to help prepare?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really enjoyed my GCIH pursuit. Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! I always read those instructions they give you on what to do if you have "Technical Difficulties" and just hope that never happens to me. Kudos to you for not losing focus and rolling with it.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gratz! That computer crash had to be nerve racking though! Just about to pass a long exam and feeling good... then CRASH. Thankfully they were able to get that fixed for you.