Options

Did my 2950 just die?

rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
I've two 2950 Switches in my lab setup. Been fine until I powered my lab up today. One of my 2950s now has a flashing orange SYST light.

On power up, the STAT light flashes green and the SYST light is steady orange. After apx 3 seconds, the STAT light goes to steady green and the SYST light goes to flashing orange. And that's it.

I've tried holing in the mode button while it powers up, because I've read that's how you put a 2950 into password recovery mode, accessible from a console, but that does not work.

My feeling is that the switch just died. I'm I correct?
No longer an active member

Comments

• Options
    daan5000daan5000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a 2950 you can have, but unfortunately shipping it to the UK will be a little expensive.

I would take the top off and reseat everything you can reseat. Start with taking out the RAM, boot without RAM, reseat RAM, boot again, take cmos battery out, same procedure, etc.

Found the following topic: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/11279

Be sure to check out the last reply in this thread.
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Thanks for your post.
    I have a 2950 you can have, but unfortunately shipping it to the UK will be a little expensive.

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure what the cost would be? If it's any higher than £20.00, yes it'd would be too much, but for under £20.00, I'd pay it.

I've taken to cover off to do as you suggest, but all the components are surface mounted, and no cmos battery.

Cheers for the link, I'll see what I can find there.

Best regards to you.
    No longer an active member