Options

Trunk interface unable to access vlan...why???

Gbahia313Gbahia313 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Im studying for my CCNA and ive been given a load of labs, i completed the VLAN lab and was successful with being able to ping different end devices in different VLANS. then i moved on to the spanning tree lab and understood it but half way through i created 3 VLANS tried configuring them to test my trouble shooting....NOW.... i have figured out why i wasn't receiving any pings and that was because i (like an idiot) didn't give switchports access to the vlans....dumbest move. now ive recognised it ive gone to now give the switchports their access that they deserve only to find that when i see the vlan brief the interfaces are not assigning themselves to the port and have disappeared all together.

bare in mind I had previously set all ports in trunk and im wondering if this has anything to do with it. i dont want to start again because that cant happen in a real life situation. If anyone would like to help me with this i will gladly send any information needed to help with understanding my issue alittle clearer.

thanks

Comments