Options

A MCP Qn from sybex study guide? Answer pls

newbienewbnewbienewb Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
You are the network administrator for a large network.You are responsible for all of the servers in the IT department.One of the servers has extremely large disk drives and yout tape backup system will not accomodate backing up all of the data at once.You want to backup any data that has changed each day.Which of the following backup options backs up only the files that have not been marked as archived and sets the archive bit for each file that is backed up?

A. Copy

B. Differential

C. Incremental

D. copy

Ans:C

PS:As far as I learnt from study guides that, Incremental would backup files that are marked as archive and after backup it clears this attribute.

So could not justify this answer![/b]

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You're correct, it's either a badly worded question, or just plain wrong question depending on how you look at it.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    no backup option will set the archive bit on files that it backed up. they will either clear the archive bit or leave it.
    then if "not marked as archived" = archive bit cleared, there is no option either that will only backup files with a cleared bit: differential, incremental, and daily all bkup files that have it set, and normal + copy will backup all (selected) files.
    witty comment
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    I got that exactly same question but from a different Q&A and the correct answer is:
    B. Differential
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    perstruoperstruo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    newbienewb wrote:
    You are the network administrator for a large network.You are responsible for all of the servers in the IT department.One of the servers has extremely large disk drives and yout tape backup system will not accomodate backing up all of the data at once.You want to backup any data that has changed each day.Which of the following backup options backs up only the files that have not been marked as archived and sets the archive bit for each file that is backed up?

A. Copy

B. Differential

C. Incremental

D. copy

Ans:C

PS:As far as I learnt from study guides that, Incremental would backup files that are marked as archive and after backup it clears this attribute.

So could not justify this answer![/b]

It's just poorly worded but the answer is correct. When they say "not been marked as archived" it means files that have not had the archive bit cleared since you "mark" a file that has been archived by clearing the archive bit. "sets the archive bit for each file that is backed up" ie sets the archive bit to off or cleared. Definitely poor wording on the question.

At least that's how I see it.