Options

Let's discuss about my future

2»

Comments

• Options
    ErindErind Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE!

ICND2 done (great score again :) lets say much closer to the max score than the minimum one :) ) , CCNA is done. Going for MSCA now ,i kinda regret not going for CCNP but im sure i need to diversify my CV for the time being.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!!
    (and you did it in 3 months too!)
  • Options
    Thank you, technically 2.5 months :P. I really enjoyed the process and for anyone doing this cert i can easily recommend CBtNuggets as the best video material around
  • Options
    Hi people,

First of all i know it is a slight necro of this thread but i wanted to share anyways. I came to the states (Boston area) on July 28th. It was fantastic, i did around 12 in person interviews in one month and i selected to start working on a relatively small MSP away from the city. I just wanted to say thanks for steering me in the right path

Erind
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCNA once again opens up doors.

Get that CCNP!. Gratz on the NA!
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

DISCLAIMER- This is a necro and my last update on this thread

- Just wanted to thank the community for helping me in a really critical time of my life. I have started working for another MSP in Boston ( they called me and made an offer i couldn't refuse - I never even applied ) and it has been a terrific experience so far. I am writing this post from my Prudential center office and couldn't be happier on how the move to the united states unfolded. I just want to tell everyone that the job market here is awesome. If you are an IT generalist and have a little bit of experience you can make 6 figures in no time. One piece of advice: DO get the CompTIA certs although they seems redundant (looking at Network+) employers here seems to want/like them. Currently I'm trying my best to get my MCSA but between my wife , son and moving to a whole different continent I haven't found the time. icon_sad.gif if anything changed on the preferred materials for that cert please point me in the right direction if you can spare the time :).

Once again thank you to all the people who responded to this thread and made my move a little bit easier

Regards,
    Erind
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow, great to hear things are going well. I missed your thread the first time around but I read through it today just to see how things worked out for you :) Congrats on everything- that was no small task.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Wow, great to hear things are going well. I missed your thread the first time around but I read through it today just to see how things worked out for you :) Congrats on everything- that was no small task.

Thank you so much sir, it was scary for while there but if you don't take risks .... :)
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Erind wrote: »
    Thank you so much sir, it was scary for while there but if you don't take risks .... :)

This guy moved to a whole other Continent.

Meanwhile, you got people on this site afraid to take a new job across town.

Congrats Dude!