5.MCSA
6.Lpi
7.MCSE
8.Lpi LPIC-2

Comments

• Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    hi,

You can take the Intro 640-821 + ICND 640-811 exam or just the CCNA 640-801.

Have a look to this ;)
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    If I were you I'd go CCNA 640-801 route. At least that's the route I am going. Taking my CCNA after I complete my MCSA.

Good luck on your journey.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kruz wrote:
    a+ certified
    planned path:
    2. Network+(taking this friday the 14th
    4.CCNA(cisco net associate)
    3. MCP(Winxp Cert)
    5.MCSA
    6.Lpi
    7.MCSE
    8.Lpi LPIC-2
    You can take one hard test....
    or one easy test and one hard test....

I say try the single hard test option -- it costs less.

And I've modified your certification plan too :D It's okay -- but I think this is better. If you're studying Linux... keep studying Linux, unless you hit problems -- then try something else (like an MCSE exam) to clear your head. If you have a chance to work with lots of Linux systems after the LPIC-1, then it might be okay to work on the Linux experience and the MCSE certification rather than the LPIC-2 certification right away.....

a+ certified
    planned path:
    2. Network+(PASSING this friday the 14th
    3. MCP(Winxp Cert)
    5.MCSA
    6a.Lpi
    6b.Lpi LPIC-2
    7.MCSE
    8. CCNP :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kruzkruz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow guys thank you so much
    im going to take that one CCNA thing
    and yes i like ur plan better, it looks awesome

heres the problem
    the lastthing i want is to be a CCNA that only has the cert, and cant do squat

so with reading a book, what are some things i can do to leran those objectives??

like what exactly can i start doing, besides just reading a book(even though i obtain knowledge very well from a book)
    i have a feeling anyone can just read A+ and net+ and get teh certs

what do you guys thinK?

and yes lpic-1 looks easy, so ima take that right after ccna, cuz i love working with linux

and also what prep things can i do for all the MCSE stuff, can anyone give me a plan to follow?(wanting to get MCSE in the newer stuff, eg windows 2003 server)

give me some sort of plan, or course for that, all those tests, im confused

but ive usd all the operating systems mentioned in the MCSE extensively, how else can i train, should i buy a book for each of them?

thanks guys, your helping a young person SO much
    a+ certified
    planned path:
    3. MCP(Winxp Cert)
    5.MCSA
    6.Lpi
    7.MCSE
    8.Lpi LPIC-2
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kruz wrote:
    the lastthing i want is to be a CCNA that only has the cert, and cant do squat

so with reading a book, what are some things i can do to leran those objectives??

like what exactly can i start doing, besides just reading a book(even though i obtain knowledge very well from a book)
    and yes lpic-1 looks easy, so ima take that right after ccna, cuz i love working with linux
    You might want to consider the Linux+ Certification -- The LPIC1/LPIC2 is probably more respected (or will be some day if you believe the marketing) -- but the Linux+ is another keyword hit (Linux) on your resume until you get the LPICs.

I haven't looked at the Microsoft certs lately -- but numerical sequence seems to be an option..... 270, 290, 291.... etc.

As for the Cisco stuff -- this could be a job for the Sybex book. I usually recommend the Cisco Press Books to study for the exams -- with the Sybex book for Subnetting and general review before the exam. But the Sybex book has "labs" -- unless I was drinking beer that night I was comparing the V4 & V5 books and imagined that it had "hands on stuff." The Cisco Press CCNA Practical Studies books needs to be update to remove the old stuff -- but that is still an okay book (if you ignore the old stuff).

If you don't have cisco equipment where you work now -- or they don't let you touch it -- then get some cheap 25xx routers and a cheap 29xx switch off of eBay and the Sybex book -- and figure it out from there. If the Cisco stuff makes sense -- then get some more equipment off of eBay and the Cisco Press book(s) to study for the certification exam.

Your certification plan puts you in a data center/server farm of a large company/ISP/hosting company some day..... or maybe a VAR or MS/Cisco business partner.

Did you get the Net+? And how young are you? Don't you have to be at least 4 foot tall to post here? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kruzkruz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    haha funny
    thanx man for the advice im going to do that
    but yes im mysql, net+, A+ certifiied and im 6"1, 16 years old

im over 4 feet ty :)
    but ima def do that, thanx
    a+ certified
    planned path:
    3. MCP(Winxp Cert)