Options

Old Books

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All

I have a friend offloading tons of 2001~2008 Cisco books etc. Would anybody here recommend having them? I know technology changes but in general i'd say they're still useful to read.

Thoughts?

:)
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd personally recycle them, unless there was something explained better than other books that is still useful.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I donate mine to the Goodwill. I am working on creating an IT pro user group in the area (Tri-Cities WA and surrounding areas, if you're in the area!) and am going to see about a resource trading/giveaway where we can all bring in our old cert or reference books to give away or trade. Any unwanted materials left over could be donated to Goodwill. Someone could use them. Even if they are outdated, there is a lot of great information.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like to give my old books away too. Not only might it help someone that cannot afford a new book but it helps me free up space for more books on my bookshelf.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”