Options

Considering moving abroad from Europe to US/Canada

Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello forum,

With 2 years of experience in a NOC catering for small ISP for businesses only (data and carrier voice) and a CCNA:R&S to my name (no college education), would this be enough to be employable quickly in either the US or Canada?

It might be woefully inadequate but I'm looking for a baseline of sorts. It might never happen but want to keep my options open and would be a good motivator anyway.

Kai.

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I say it's enough especially in bigger cities like NYC or Chicago or LA provided that you can talk your way through the interview as well.

When I moved to the US I had MCSE:Security on Windows 2003 and it was enough to get a couple of interviews and get 2 offers in under 2 months, but I was very motivated.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Without a degree your level of difficulty in getting approved by either country to prove you are more qualified than either an American or Canadian to do that work would be a tough sell. And to be honest it would likely be nearly impossible when these countries have a backlog of highly qualified professionals with degrees and experience.