Options

What exactly is an Incident Response Analyst?

TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I recently got a job opportunity as an Incident Response Analyst. Anyone familiar with this sort of position? I currently work as a Help Desk analyst, receiving incoming calls and fixing issues (mostly easy ones) on the spot, and escalating ones that I cannot resolve... I am unsure if I am qualified for this new opportunity, but the requirements don't mention any real skills necessary.. See below for the details:

As the IT Support Analyst you will be responsible for managing service level agreements related to response time to incidents, incident requests, and timelines for closure to tickets and customer satisfaction. You will also be responsible for supporting the internal and external client relationships of the retail division of the organization. The IT analyst will be responding to inquiries from the IT Communications Inbox, researching technology incident tickets, closing open incident tickets and supporting internal partners with technology needs and escalations.

Minimum requirements: 
•Strong oral and written communication skills with technical and business ability to communicate to all levels of internal and external clients.
•High level of intellectual curiosity – we need to ask a lot of questions to get to a good understanding of an issue in order to communicated issues; Needs to ask the right questions to define the problem.
•Ability to multi task and prioritize requests.
•Experience in service for a high level/top tier customer, able to understand the difference in standard and elevated support (During an outage, many people may be reaching out (client, internal groups, CIO, etc)- This person will need to know how to and what to communicate with peers, manager and up.)
•Has the ability to articulate technical information into a meaningful message that clearly explains issue impact and resolution.

On Call Requirements:
This position does have a requirement to be on call one week a month (one week 24x7 per month). The analyst will be provided a company issued mobile device for the purpose of on call. The on call support analyst will be required to join technical bridge calls to obtain information regarding the issue and impact and then communicate that information in a "client friendly" format to the business and clients (as applicable) directly. The on call person, if hourly, will be paid for time spent working issues (start of page until issue resolved and the last communication has been sent out).

2017 Certification Goals
CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]

Comments