Options

query on USB cables

yussyyussy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I do understand that USB cables have four pins, first & last pins carries (5v) for power and the inside two for data
transfer(Data-, Data+). What I don't understand is why? some USB cables only charge but don't transfer data when each end is connected to the computer and device(smartphone) respectively or some just display only the phone memory without the SDcard memory on the windows explorer. If anyone could help shed some light on it I'll appreciate thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    soleteksoletek Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what are you asking? Why some USB cables don't charge? As far as I know they all work the same. So devices have features that will allow it to act in a certain mode under certain circumstances. Such as being a file explorer when connected to a computer.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A) Some cables do not have data connectivity.
    B) That's a phone setting.
  • Options
    yussyyussy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The question is why do some cables charge only, but don't allow data transmission?
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    yussy wrote: »
    The question is why do some cables charge only, but don't allow data transmission?
    Because the cable is made that way. It's cheaper to make them that way, and a lot of the time they are included with devices that have USB ports for charging but do not have data capability.

Like cheap phones, accessories, electronic knick knacks, etc.