Options

So if Windows 10 is the last MS OS then will the MCSA Windows 10 cert expire?

G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
I read somewhere that MCSAs dont actually expire they just get discontinued but you still have the MCSA.. to the best of my knowledge this is not true (???) could someone clear my questions up for me please.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Go to the Microsoft's website and send them an email. Lots of information there as well..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yes, to this point so far, MCSA's don't expire because they are associated with a particular technology. Having said that, it isn't uncommon for certifications to be offered for 5 or even 8 years or more (MCSA Server 2008 exams are retiring next year). Even when the exams are retired, and you can no long gain that certification, you will continue to hold it. Over time, it will become less relevant. There aren't a lot of jobs asking for Windows 2000 or NT certification, or even experience, but there are still people (really old people, but still people) holding certifications in these technologies.

It was only relatively recently that a recertification requirement was introduced for MCSEs. These, though, aren't tied to a particular technology version.

As for Windows 10, we will wait and see what happens.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Windows 11 comes out July 2017
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tmtex wrote: »
    Windows 11 comes out July 2017

Where did you read this? I read Win10 is the last release, maybe an OS name change? This is old news quote below, but I haven't seen anything new on the interwebs...maybe someone else has??

Now comes word from Microsoft itself that Windows 10, slated to launch later this year, will represent the last time Microsoft launches a new Windows OS. ... In other words, there will not be a Windows 11. News of Microsoft's new strategy was first relayed by Jerry Nixon, a Microsoft development executive.May 11, 2015
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP