Options

Laptop bios password removal

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
What is the best way to remove a laptop bios password? Do universal tools exist. Or is it a case of jumpers like most computers.
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know there's a tool from Dell called Client Config Utility (provided you have a Dell laptop) that you can customized BIOS settings. You can do a silent deployment and execution, and then reboot. Now I don't know if it will remove the password, but you can always go the manual route...3 Ways to Clear BIOS Password - wikiHow
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on the laptop. Usually it's not jumpers, you have to short two contacts.
  • Options
    jogh_cuttsjogh_cutts Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It depends on laptops to laptops and from manufacturers to manufacturers. You probably need to explore more and more to remove bios from laptop.
  • Options
    jogh_cuttsjogh_cutts Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In fact, there's a tool from HP, it might work on few other manufacturers as well. THere are different ways people are using to clear or reset BIOS password. All of them works but on different models.
    The oldest way is to remove the CMOS battery and put it back after a few hours. It's really useful but not for all the users.
    Reverse engineering the firmware or editing its configuration files are also the useful ways these days. This topic to reset bios password shares different ways to do this in different ways. Check it out for more and you'll learn the different ways to do this.