Options

Cisco packet tracer Lab- Final Lab question

jkush12jkush12 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok so i will try to explain this to the best of my ability! I am almost done with this lab and i need to be able to ping all pc's and the server. I can get all the PC's to ping but not ping to the server. The ping stops at the second to last router called HQ. The last Router is called ISP. I will put my instructions in this and the packet tracer. I am so lost on what i havent done and i might of created a mess or not trying to fix this. Also every time i save and exit the lab i have to re-enter all the trunks for Switches 1,2, and 3. I don't understand that either. So my question is how can i fix this or be point in the right direction. Basically the ping wont reach the router ISP and i can't seem to find a way to fix it. Thank you in advance if you can help me! Well i guess i can't upload things to this so i will just post it. I dont want to add to much to this post so i will add more to reply's instead of making a mess of this.

The Directions:
Basic Configuration Tasks (20 points)
Configure the hostnames on all routers and switches, as shown in the topology
Configure the serial interfaces for Branch, Central, and HQ according to your addressing table, and verify point-to-point connectivity.
Configure the Central LAN (PC3, Switch S4 and Central Gi0/1) with the appropriate addresses and mask, and verify connectivity from the PC and the switch to the default gateway.
Configure the Branch LANs (25 points)
Create VLANs 10, 20 and 30 on all three switches, naming VLAN 10 Students, VLAN 20 Faculty, and VLAN 30 Staff. For all three switches, configure ports fa0/3 to fa0/24 as access ports. Assign ports fa0/3 to fa0/10 to VLAN 10, ports Fa0/11 to fa0/17 to VLAN 20, and fa0/18 to fa0/24 to VLAN 30.
Configure ports fa0/1-fa0/2 and Gi0/1-G0/2 as trunk ports on all three switches.
On router Branch, configure interface Gi0/1 with three subinterfaces to provide InterVLAN routing for VLANs 10, 20, and 30. Assign the first assignable addresses in each of the Branch LANs to their subinterfaces. Turn up the physical interface. Verify all the PCs can ping their respective default gateways. Verify InterVLAN routing between PC1 and PC2
Configure Static and Dynamic Routing (40 points)
You will be configuring dynamic routing between HQ, Central, and Branch using OSPF. For each router, begin by entering router ospf configuration mode with process id 1, and assign OSPF router-ids as follows: Branch should be assigned 1.1.1.1. Central should be 2.2.2.2, and HQ should be 3.3.3.3.
Next, enable all interfaces on Branch and Central and the S0/0/1 on HQ in area 0 with the OSPF network command. The HQ S0/0/0 interface will not be enabled is OSPF since you will be doing static routing with the ISP. Use the correct wild card mask for each network (recall that the wildcard mask can be determined by subtracting the subnet mask from the 255.255.255.255. For example, a /30 network has a 255.255.255.252 network mask, and subtracting that from the 255.255.255.255 gives a wildcard mask of 0.0.0.3 for a /30 network). When you have correctly complete these tasks you should see OSPF routes in the routing tables, and OSPF adjacencies when you enter the show ip ospf neighbor command.
To complete the routing, you must configure two static routes. First, create a static default on HQ pointing to the ISP router (S0/0/0). Redistribute the static default to the OSPF domain with the OSPF configuration command default-information originate. Secondly, create a static route on the ISP router to the 38.4.2.0 /24 network, pointing to the S0/0/0 interface. If these are correctly configured, and your OSPF configuration is working, you should now have full connectivity between all hosts, servers, and router interfaces.

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Also every time i save and exit the lab i have to re-enter all the trunks for Switches 1,2, and 3. I don't understand that either.

Are you issuing a 'write' command before you exit?

If you issue the command 'ping 0.0.0.0' from router ISP, what, if any, response are you getting?

Try and narrow the problem down to a particular area of the network.

Any possibility you could make to .pkt available, via Dropbox or google drive, as the problems you're having could be any number of things?
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    jkush12jkush12 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could send it email? Interesting i can ping the server with two out of the 7 PC's for some reason. If you give me your email i can send it right away!
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Have you an option to receive private messages? Check your CP.
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    ckushyckushy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im on the same final as you and im having alot of trouble also. Could you by any chance send me the pka also?
  • Options
    ckushyckushy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive been looking around and this is just about the only place ive found that seems like it could help. Never heard of this site before, but this seems like a great community of people trying to help and its awesome.
  • Options
    zastavnozastavno Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Send the current state of the pka you are having trouble with. I think I may have a solution.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting. Looks like a homework assignment that you're getting us to complete :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Interesting. Looks like a homework assignment that you're getting us to complete :)

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif hee hee hee
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University