Options

Acceptable salary?

CiscoASA2202CiscoASA2202 Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
What's an acceptable salary these days? Would you be comfortable at 70k, or you're looking for much more in your life..icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We're all looking for much more :). It all depends on experience, education, location, etc. Some might be confortable with 70k, some might not.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There is no real answer to such a broad question. So many factors go into something like that.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    ask for 200k.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes 200k and work from home.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's an acceptable salary these days? Would you be comfortable at 70k, or you're looking for much more in your life..icon_study.gif

This is highly depend on where you live, to maintain a middle class lifestyle in Manhattan, you need to earn at least 80k a year, on the other hand, there are places in the United States that you can live very well for only 40k a year.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    $104,203.17, no more, no less. I believe this is exact answer everyone has agreed upon and is not debatable.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    $104,203.17, no more, no less. I believe this is exact answer everyone has agreed upon and is not debatable.

Guess I would be considered poor than, I don't earn that much... yet.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I mostly get paid in experience right now. Talk to me after experience turns into serious dollars and I'll tell you if it is enough.

Spoiler: It won't be.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP, what kind of question is this?. X amount of money with Y and Z benefits it's not the same in San Francisco vs. Buford, Wyoming (population: 1). Besides, lots of people live comfortably with lower salaries while other have tons of money and don't. The question needs some serious rewording.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    OP, what kind of question is this?.
    Not a great one? ;)
  • Options
    CiscoASA2202CiscoASA2202 Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    OP, what kind of question is this?..

Not really a serious one, i know. This is the thing though, I was offered another job and actually declined their offer, first words out of their mouth is if my current company raised my salary etc.. I told them not interested, and they want to know what is the reason, I don't owe them one really so just thought I would ask around here what is kind of a good salary to be making these days, but honestly with the large work load and knowledge you bring to the table, anything under 85k just isn't worth it these days..
  • Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    "It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for."
  • Options
    sj4088sj4088 Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Two things. One is market value and the other is location. If you are a junior to mid-level engineer in Charlotte you maybe happy with 70k. If you are a senior engineer in New York you'd most likely be upset with 70k.

If you are tier I help desk you would be doing backflips if you got 70k. lol
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□

Are you trying to tell us something?

As always, more is better I don't know what the upper limit is for me to feel embarrassed about my pay but if I get there, I won't let you know ;)
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”