Options

If you won the lottery, would you keep doing what you're doing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I win at least 5 million US$ (we don't pay taxes here yet :D) I will quit IT, get a PHD or two, then go into coaching.

I will be making some money, spending some time with important people, and not have to worry about working hours, incidents or yearly reviews .. I really don't need that stress in my life.
  • Options
    atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    Where did all these entrepreneurs come from? Never knew if you work in IT that you know how to start and run a successful company icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    atippett wrote: »
    Where did all these entrepreneurs come from? Never knew if you work in IT that you know how to start and run a successful company icon_lol.gif

I'd do the Richard Branson approach...start something then find someone smarter than I to run it which frees me to go start other things and find people to run those ventures. :) A lot of business failures I think are the result of pride and not knowing when to ask for help or a person not recognizing that they simply can't do what they are trying to do, either from lack of experience, perseverance, or desire.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Buying a boat and catching some fluke all day, hitting up beaches around the world, working out, driving crazy vehicles, going on adventures, etc. It's literally a no brainer, why would I care about BGP or EIGRP if I can go tuna fishing all day and come home and fall asleep on my hammock at my bayfront property?

I was interested in computers before I worked in the IT field and will still be interested in computer after I retire (or hit the lottery). The difference is I would be enjoying computer instead of working for someone else. Set up a couple of high end servers with a good broadband circuit, host some game servers, maybe set up an online lab in invite people to pen test it and allow other people to play defense. As for boats, I get seasick, if my fish are not in the seafood section of the supermarket I have no interest.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.