Options

AM or PM session for exam - Which one you prefer and why

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
I am a morning Lark. But to reach exam centre before 8 AM means I will have to leave before 7 AM so essentially it wont give me any time for last minute revision. Even memory **** on eraseable white board will be from previous night. I definitely don't want to sleep with stress in my head that I need to wake up at 5 or 6, check notes and run.
On the other hand 2 PM session seems a bit too late. I usually sag by 4 PM. By 6 I think I will be like just hit submit and get outta here. Although it will give me plenty of time to do a last minute glancing at notes.
Wonder which session did/do you prefer and why?

Comments

• Options
    GrounderGrounder Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I liked the PM sessions gives me time to be awake for a bit read over a couple things in the morning that I wanted to recap on.

Also the main reason is because there was no way I was going to spend the full 6 hours in that testing room my test only took me I think an hour and a half.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the AM session. Woke up, shower, good breakfast, and off I went. If you don't know the material by the night before the exam, an extra morning is not going to help you.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I personally like late morning or early afternoon. I like to get a good breakfast and then head to the testing center (where I take my classes and do the majority of my studying) to relax and go over my flash cards one final time.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't believe in last minute reviews or dumping anything on the dry erase board so I need no lead time. The day before my CISSP I stayed at a hotel very close to the testing center, ordered room service and watched a chick flick. Total disconnect and 100% relaxation. I prefer AM sessions so I can go drink for more hours when I'm done with the test.
  • Options
    kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I don't believe in last minute reviews or dumping anything on the dry erase board so I need no lead time. The day before my CISSP I stayed at a hotel very close to the testing center, ordered room service and watched a chick flick. Total disconnect and 100% relaxation. I prefer AM sessions so I can go drink for more hours when I'm done with the test.
    you probably had a solid security base before taking exam.
    I am gravitating more towards PM session myself.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I personally like taking the exam in the AM and then having the rest of the day off. Does it help me pass the exam? No idea.....
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like AM tests for a few reasons...I feel more fresh and if I had an afternoon test I would just be worrying about it all day!
  • Options
    mjb2016mjb2016 Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took the test twice...first time was in the am, second was in the pm. PM worked for me better as it gave me time during the day to go over my notes one last time and feel more confident during the test.
    Couldn't sleep the night before the exams so was running on fumes when I took the test @ 0800...didn't end well for me.
    Frankly, it all depends on how well you know yourself. What works for you may not work for others.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In retrospect, I would've chosen the PM option but scheduled an 8 AM exam. Couldn't sleep the night before because of the nervousness about the exam. Probably fell asleep between 2 and 3 AM and alarm clock woke me up at 6:30.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I prefer early afternoon, I don't like being rushed in the mornings. Sleep in a bit, have a nice breakfast and a light lunch and then hit the test.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All the exams I took were in the morning. If I have to study the morning of a test, then frankly, I don't know the material well enough to sit for the exam. CISSP is definitely one exam I am glad I took as early as I did. It gave me the rest of the day to relax and look forward to work the following day.