CCNP re-certification

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Currently I have CCNP R&S and CCNP Voice certifications which will expire on August 2017. In this regards I have a couple of question:
1) As far as I know for re-certification one should pass one of CCNP track exams to prolong the validity of CCNP certificate. Is this policy still the same and nothing has changed?
2) If I pass one of the CCNP R&S tracks exams will my CCNP Voice certification be prolonged as well?

Thank you.
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Currently I have CCNP R&S and CCNP Voice certifications which will expire on August 2017. In this regards I have a couple of question:
    1) As far as I know for re-certification one should pass one of CCNP track exams to prolong the validity of CCNP certificate. Is this policy still the same and nothing has changed?
    2) If I pass one of the CCNP R&S tracks exams will my CCNP Voice certification be prolonged as well?

Thank you.

CCIE written would re-certify both I believe. Not sure if just passing one RS exam re-certifies the entire CCNP RS or CCNP Voice honestly.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    AFAIK, if you pass any CCNP level exam, it will recertify any CCNP cert...but as your CCNP Voice is now CCNP Colaboration (and required a new CIPT1?), maybe not the Voice cert
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From Cisco's site.

CCNP Collaboration - Cisco

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCDP, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, and CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years.

To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
    Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
    Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
    Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
    When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thank you.
    Hi guys,

I am answering my own question and hope it would be helpful for others. Recently I passed CCNP SWITCH exam and now I can see in my certification tracker profile that my CCNP R&S expiration date has changed from 2017 to 2020. As to CCNP Voice, it's expiration date is still 2017 so I either need to take CIPTv2 to upgrade it to CCNP Collaboration or just give it up.

Cheers.
    Best, sacredboy!