Options

Time for new job????

binaticalbinatical Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm wondering if it's time to look for a new company to work for. I work on legacy voice systems and want to learn what's current. The company says one thing one day and it's something completely different the next, as if they don't even know what they are doing. I live in a city known for the technology. I want to build up experience but at the moment have reached a point where there's nothing else to learn, I just am invalidating alarms all day. What would you advise?

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The moment you don't want to get up and go to work is the moment you know it's time to look for a new job. The only real question is, what do you want for your career? If you don't see any growth or opportunity then it is time to move on. I would advise to work on your resume, put it out there, and see what type of response you get.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Time to start sending out resumes.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    binaticalbinatical Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to be working at the cmd line. I have a lot of interests, networking, wireless, voice, security.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wireless VOIP Security sounds like a niche field that can scratch all of your itches ;)
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”