Options

WGU- Transferring from one degree to another

glestglest Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question for WGU students. I'm considering the school. I have a Bachelors from a brick and mortar accredited school and I'm about to finish a Masters from a Distance Learning program at Iowa State University. However, I'm thinking of switching gears and applying to WGU for another completely different Masters. The only issue is the masters I want to pursuit is in a different field and I don't have some of the Pre-Requisites they require for admission. I also looked at their bachelors and thought maybe I can get accepted into the Bachelor's and complete the courses I need in order to qualify for the masters and switch to the masters since I actually have a Bachelors already and I just need the pre-reqs. I'm short by 3 courses in order to qualify for the masters and when I do the math it makes sense to do them at WGU than anywhere else. Also thought of going the CLEP route, but 2 out of the 3 aren't offered by CLEP (Public Speaking & Health/Wellness).
So this is a two-fold question.

1) I know it's a long shot but maybe someone else had a similar situation and could help shed some light on whether or not this is possible (switching from a Bachelor's to a Master's in the same 6-month period) and

2) How difficult are the following classes: Public Speaking (if they have any... I couldn't figure out if they did on their website), Wellness/Health and US History.
Any insight is greatly appreciated about this! TIA

Comments

• Options
    glestglest Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wanted to provide from insight on my own thread since I spoke to an Enrollment counselor today about this.
    In terms of pre-requisites for any of their Master's Programs:
    They work with straighterline so any students missing pre-requisites to enroll in any of their programs can enroll in straighterline, take the courses and they will transfer into WGU. That kind of answered the question about the pre-reqs. I didn't ask about transferring within the same semester because instead I explained the situation and it turns out both degrees I am interested in are different I could essentially do both or just one of them. I did want to add this information in case someone else had a similar situation. straighterline works similar to WGU but is even cheaper. It looks like WGU likes to work with them and even offer a scholarship to students who take 4+ courses with them. Just an FYI..
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Now is the time to inquire with them, they are waiving the $65 admission fee. I have started the process, but it all depends on what transfers for me if I am going to pursue this.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is your current BS/MS in? Are you trying to get a masters in something IT related?