New Career Help

edean850edean850 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric and I recently received my My AAS in Computer Maintenance and my A+. I'm looking to start my career off. I have a phone interview for a networking position. Never done any phone interviews. If you have done one before please give me some tips, also I am going to post the job below, what kind of questions should I expect for a networking position? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Eric Dean

GENERAL: This opening is for an entry level position with room to grow in the company. The network technician will help install and manage client server/networks. Serve as a second level support technician and must be able to handle multiple simultaneous projects, using priorities established by their supervisor. Must be organized and able to communicate effectively with end users in person and on the phone.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Install/Configure Microsoft Small Business ServerInstall Microsoft Exchange ServerInstall Symantec Antivirus in a managed environmentInstall antivirus/antispam email filter solutions such as Symantec Mail Security.Install Backup Excec and configure nightly backups to tape or external drivesInstall routers, firewalls in a networkTroubleshoot LAN/Wan connectivity issuesTroubleshoot failed Windows serverTroubleshoot failed Exchange serverTeaching technology programs to kids (K-12)Preferred Certifications: CCNA MCSE Network+ Security+

Comments

• dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well for starters treat this as an in person interview. Use proper grammar, etc. Refrain from 'uhmmm', yep, etc. Another tip, write down on a piece of paper the word 'smile'. Smiling will surprisingly come across in your speech. Also, have a copy of your resume and the job description in front of you.

As far as technical, hard to say. OSI model definitely comes to mind. Be familiar with as many acronyms as possible, etc.

Good luck!
  • edean850edean850 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! I appreciate it!