Options

Favorite Study Tools

PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
While I was preparing for Network+ I bought a 2x4 Whiteboard on a whim and I think it might be one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am able to draw diagrams, write out terms I am studying, and let concepts just sit on the board for a couple days to let them sink in. I am lucky enough to work from home so my study space and my working space are the same. Another tool I use is Anki, it is the best flash card program ever, I even purchased the $20 iOS app (mainly to help support Anki). Anki gives you options to see flash cards again in 4 days, 1 day, or 10 minutes to help get the term in your brain. The more time and effort you put it the more you get out. https://ankiweb.net/

What are some invaluable tools that you have found extremely helpful in learning new concepts? And I am not just talking about tools to pass Certs but tools that help you learn new difficult concepts.

icon_study.gif
Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    +1 for Anki. I've been using it for a few months now; it has to be one of the most useful apps I have.

For making notes, I use KeepNote: Note taking and organization

A screen shot...

I tried quite a few different ways of note taking before I found KeepNote, including the more well known (?) CherryTree. But KeepNote is just so simple and delightful to use. It's HTML / XML based and it very easy to maintain. It doesn't support HTML Tables, but there are ways around that: I just use a different app to create a table, then simply insert it as an image. In fact, KeepNote has a build-in image insert tool, allowing an area of the screen to be 'grabbed'.
    No longer an active member