Options

digital books

monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am looking to purchase probably the odom and lammel books and would love a digital copy, I see on amazon that you can get it for the kindle reader which is fine but, I don't think i would be able to read it on my laptop looks like it's only based around the app. Would love this so it can read during my commute, don't want to lug around a 900+ page book.

does anyone know if there are versions that I can use both on a laptop and ipad? like a PDF.

Thank you,
Mat

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can download the kindle app onto your ipad/phone/laptop
  • Options
    monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow can't believe i didn't see that......says i can read anywhere and only listed the apps, i found the .exe though. Thank you for stating the obvious :)
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I normally get the Odom ebooks from the ciscopress site and they make them available as PDF, epub and mobi
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I just use the Kindle Cloud reader. No app install necessary. Read.amazon.com.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JoJoCal19 is correct, if you go to read.amazon.com and log into your Kindle account you will be able to read the books on any device via the browser. I use it all the time when I am at work.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get them from Cisco press and get them as said before in all 3 formats. I'm also pretty sure that Cisco press ebooks are updated (errata/mistakes) when you re-download them from the website.