Options

Best Source of Studying

dpathidpathi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, Can anyone suggest the best source of studying for the CCNA 200-125 R & S exam? I did some research and found out the following: 1) CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Official Cert Guide Library 2) CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Official Cert Guide Library, Academic Edition 3) CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide (ICND1 100-105, ICND2 200-105, and CCNA 200-125) 4) 31 Days Before Your Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Exam print and Digital Study Guide 5) CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Network Simulator Thx

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As a starting point you did your research. Now that you know there are lots of resources out there you simply need to pick one that is geared towards your objective and start. I found it faster to read after having watched some CCNA videos.

I popular debate is todd lammle vs wendell odom. I used Odom the first time and found it very detailed. I have heard Lammle is more readable. I need to renew next year so I am going to read him next.

I purchased an old portable command guide for like 78 cents online. I didn't use it much but the price was right. Just make sure for the exam you buy a current book.

Simulators are fine. After you start reading a little you might want to buy some gear. It is fun if you like that kind of stuff. It's easy to go overboard the most important part is making the topic interesting enough to absorb the information.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    When I passed my ICND1, my primary read was Odom. His books are extremely detailed, but it is almost like reading a manual for something. For my ICND2, my primary read was Lammle. He's not as detailed, but his book is very easy to read. He writes like you and I would have a conversation. Really breaks things down to simple terms.

I recommend Lammle, IMO.

I also found it easier to watch videos, Skillport is what I used but that's only for government employees and contractors, and then read the chapter in Lammle's book that corresponds to the video. Videos typically don't go into as much detail as books, so it's easier for me to get a basic overview of the topic, then read the book and get the fine details.

**Edit**

I also recommend to do the two exam route, unless you have experience with Cisco gear already. The CCENT certification doesn't mean much on a resume, but 1.) it gives you a chance to take a Cisco exam and get the feel of it 2.) you only lose $150 if you don't pass as opposed to $300 3.) it breaks up the exam topics into two tests, hence less to study 4.) you need a solid understanding of ICND1 to be able to pass ICND2 because they build on top of each other
  • Options
    dpathidpathi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out uCertify courses for CCNA 200-125. The uCertify has explained each and every topic in a very easy way that would really help you to understand the topic in depth and the best past is it is completely free for 15 days.