Options

Am I ready for Network+ exam?

jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I've been preparing for the network+ exam for months now. I used Mike Meyers Udemy course videos as well as the book that goes along with it. Watched Professor Messer's video series, as well as going back and watching afew of his monthly review course videos and purchased his notes. I purchased Pearsons simulator and Darril Gibsons app (scoring in the 90-100%). Ive taken all of the examcompass practice exams and scored between 85-95% on them. What kind of curveballs should I expect? I want to move on to security+ and paying for a retake just isn't feasible. Am I ready?
Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...

Comments

• Options
    Falls_TechFalls_Tech Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going with Certmaster on this one for the free retake......here's what I'm doing

davidprowse.com....free 140 questions + question of the day

professor messer....everything over there + study notes

Mike Meyers video on Lynda.com....I've got a free account through local library

Transcender......31% off sale

will order Pearson simulator and Gibson app

Glen E. Clarke book....has video, lab, simulator questions....500 questions total
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've not done the network+ so don't take this as written in stone, BUT, if you're consistently scoring 85%+ on practice exams, then you're most likely ready. I was scoring those kind of marks on my CompTIA Linux+ and I passed. Just ensure you fully understand why you're getting the other questions incorrect and you'll be in with a great shot at it.
  • Options
    sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jrisbrook wrote: »
    So I've been preparing for the network+ exam for months now. I used Mike Meyers Udemy course videos as well as the book that goes along with it. Watched Professor Messer's video series, as well as going back and watching afew of his monthly review course videos and purchased his notes. I purchased Pearsons simulator and Darril Gibsons app (scoring in the 90-100%). Ive taken all of the examcompass practice exams and scored between 85-95% on them. What kind of curveballs should I expect? I want to move on to security+ and paying for a retake just isn't feasible. Am I ready?

Recently based the exam myself on December 19th. In my experience the ExamCompass practice exams are good resources for refreshing your knowledge, but are not comparable to the actual difficulty of the exam. My best advice is to ensure that you are taking practice exams or quizzes from as many sources as possible. You're definitely taking some great steps.

I used the following practice materials:
    -Mike Meyers Total Sem Tester
    -Quizzes from Mike Meyer's All-in-One Network+ Textbook
    -Professor Messer Quizzes
    -Professor Messer Study Groups
    -ExamCompass.com
    -CrucialExams.com
    -Subnetting.net
    -Transcender Practice Exams

Generally across the board you should be scoring an average of 90-100% on practice exams/quizzes before you take the official exam. The key is to challenge yourself with multiple sources that come at Networking from different perspectives. In the end this helps you to understand not only why the answers that you chose to a question might be correct. But, why the other alternatives are wrong. You don't have time to go back and forth between answers on the exam. If you feel like correct answers are readily available as you complete practice sessions then I would say go for it, and all of us here wish you the best of luck!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016
    Future Goals: CAPM/PMP