Options

Passed CISSP exam 12/27/2016

HashKOHashKO Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

First, I would like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences about CISSP examination. It was very helpfull for me.
I have passed the CISSP exam last week for the first time. I got it but it's not an easy one ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, I would like to share with you how my preperation was, and it may seem different from others, because I didn't spend weeks reading books such as Eric Conrad or Cybex cover to cover. Here's my methodology :

1/ The first thing to notice for the CISSP is the large amount of CBK. So, I begin to read CISSP for dummies. It is a good introduction and it is not as long as the other references.

2/ The second thing to know is the form of questions asked on the exam, so I focused on CCCure test engine. 250 question exam every weekend. You need to focus on your Errors, to understand why you were wrong. is it beacuse of lack of knowledge? or because the question is tricky? try to track your errors, to create somekind of KPIs to know better your weakness

3/ for every weakness in every specific domain, I focused on it. I read the relating chapters in Sybex (last edition) et view the videos of Cybrary and skillset. I have made several flash cards, and reviewed them periodically.

Iterate step 2 and 3 until you get a continious average of 80% in a 250 questions test from CCCure. Never replay the questions you already answered, that will fool your results and your performance. Once you reach this level, you can schedule THE DATE.

4/two weeks before the exam, I took a vocation icon_cheers.gif ! I bought the Sybex Official ISC2 Exam Questions book. I have tooked all questions for every domain and the two practice exams. Focus on your answers. Why I was wrong? but why I was right too !?

5/ Three days before the exam, I reviewed all my flash cards, I took a last CCure exam.

6/ last day before the exam, I spent it with my wife icon_cool.gif. I went to bed earlier.

The preparation was 4 months (test exam on weekend, read and review during the week)
Eventhough the exam was different from all the questions in CCCure or ISC² book, when you understand deeply your previous errors, you will not do them again during the exam. that's the key to success icon_wink.gif

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for sharing your training methods and congratulations on passing the exam.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    HashKOHashKO Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    anjanbasuanjanbasu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for sharing about your prepation
  • Options
    virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I knocked on my CISSP on 12/23/16 and my SSCP in Feb. Just passed the Six Sigma White belt and Green belt exams over the weekend. Taking Project+ on Friday and waiting on my PMP application to be approved so I can schedule that for this month.
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□