Options

Earning CPE's

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to start preparing for my CISSP. I was wondering if passing certain security related certifications count towards earning CPEs?

I tried to find this on their site, but couldn't

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For starters, I'll link this thread. http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/71692-cpes-other-certs-whatya-think.html

As for my $0.02, you can claim preparation for said security certifications. Just be prepared to quantify those hours in case of an audit.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    search does work! I should have thought of that.

That's exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Counts. 30 Group A CPEs AFAIR if cert is from one of the domains.

Tons of things count actually, don't worry, there are many options. I heavily underreport what I learn/pass during a year, but still manage to report much more than required.
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ISC2 does not provide a direct CPE bucket for claiming security certs. With that said, gespenstern's post is still correct.

Here's the ISC2 CPE Policies and Guidelines. It's technically a member resource, but link is accessible and indexed to the public. https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_member_content/cpes/cpe_guidelines.pdf Scroll to the "Completing self-study, and attending Computer-Based Training (CBT), webcasts, and podcasts - Group A or B credit" section on page 12.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. The feedback and links really helped out.

Now, I begin the journey.