Options

Sans 440 vs SANS 566

omair.siddiquiomair.siddiqui Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team;
I am planing to enroll myself in one or both of above courses and ned your suggestion on diferences, both cover sans top 20 control but if i a attend 566 which is more detailed, do i still get any benfit in registering 440....or to put it in other word, is 440 is something like pre-req for 566

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Take 566. 440 is 2 days and must be extraordinarily high level. I haven't taken either, but I do implement the Top 20 at my work and it's my guess that 2 days of reviewing the Top 20 in class is about the same as a good, thorough read of the 100-page official Top 20 plus the related documents (executive summary, etc). In other words, don't spend your money for 440
  • Options
    omair.siddiquiomair.siddiqui Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips....really helpful
  • Options
    joeimpjoeimp Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've taken many SANS courses and I'd have to say that 566 & the GCCC exam was by far my favorite class. It covers both high level risk assessment, and details on how to implement the controls.
  • Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just finished SEC 566 (work study) yesterday with James Tarala and it was fantastic. I don't think the 2 day version would be as good as it won't have labs and we did go deep into the weeds on a couple of the controls. Highly recommended, now I have to study for the exam.