How big is your digital footprint?

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
I believe mine is very small. The only sites with my name are Linked-in, Facebook which i never check or update and a old myspace page. All of my postings and ramblings are under various aliases. I guess you could do searches on my alias, but nothing too interesting is out there, no personal information at least.
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Are you talking in terms of employers trying to track your activity or a malicious entity? If someone with malicious intent wants to track you, they're going to find out your information and what better way than through this website?
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not so concerned with my name, address, and phone number getting out there. I can remember phonebooks, which had all that in it and if you wanted to find out info for someone in another town, you called the operator. Granted the digital age has changed how we perceive that information though.

I'm sure if someone wanted to dig around a little bit, they can produce several examples of my stupidity but in general, if I would be embarrassed by it showing up on the front page of the newspaper, then I should adjust what I am saying.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I attended a meeting not long ago where the CEO of a security company said he had gone to the Deep Web to pull any information he could find on his investors. He did this just to prove a point to them. They were all shocked at what was out there. (I've personally never done that.)