Sybex Official ISC2 Exam Questions
Transcender
CCCure . -testing
Other ???
Free Reading : History Books

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How many books is enough? Do you have time to finish reading all of them?

The CISSP is a security management exam that tests more on your understanding and application of concepts than on memorization and recall of technical facts. It is different from Microsoft and SANS exams. Some people pass the CISSP by just studying from one book. They just "got it".
  • Options
    _user__user_ Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually have the same question. I searched around and can't decide which book to buy between these two:
    1. CISSP Official Study Guide - Sybex; 7th Revised edition edition (23 Oct. 2015)
    2. CISSP Study Guide - Syngress; 3 edition (3 Dec. 2015)

Maybe someone who used them recently can give me some hints. Thanks.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's been a while since I've taken the CISSP. But I suspect that preparation for the exam hasn't changed much in recent years. As I recall, the materials were very straight-forward if you have the experience. I too had bought a much of random books - which I didn't touch. I ended up doing a SAN review course with an Eric Conrad book. The most useful resource was one of those exam prep Q&A books that I picked up on Amazon. I also had the CBK which I sorta tried to use.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex 7th Ed. and cybrary.it videos
  • Options
    TiberiusTiberius Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let me start off by saying that English is my 3rd language so I apologize for the poor grammar. I want to give back to this forum since it did help me with useful advice in the past. I passed the CISSP exam today!!..... so glad to got it over with. icon_lol.gif A subscription to Safari Books online was my source for training material. You'll get access to all the CISSP books...Shon Harris AIO, Eric Conrad, the Official Sybex book and many more. There are also really well-done CISSP training videos by Sari Greene and David Miller. The videos were what I used the most for learning the contents. Remember......CISSP is a Management, not a Technician Exam as Mike7 stated above you don't have to kill yourself trying to memorize all the technical information. Learn the concepts in the 8 domains and how to apply (protect the company) by providing sound advice to senior management. A belated Happy New Year and good luck to all future CISSP.
  • Options
    _user__user_ Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Tiberius. I was actually looking at the Safari subscription the other day. I also think it's good value for money.
    The only problem I have (personally) is that the text in the e-book is not justified. That is almost a no-GO for me, i get tired quickly reading like that.

I have two questions:
    How long did you study for the exam ?
    What was your main study book ?