Options

ODOM Books: Combined or Separate

Andy from SactownAndy from Sactown Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm presently taking a CCNA v3.0 course and the book they've provided is.. let's just say lacking. I've been looking at the Wendell Odom books from Cisco Press and wondered if any of you had any feedback as to purchasing both the 100-105 & 200-105 books as a set, or just the single 200-125 book.

A little background: I am taking the two exam approach, but I recently (last month) acquired my Network+ and just looking at the objectives and the size of the 100-105 book has me thinking, "do you really need that much book to cover those topics" and similarly, "would getting the combined book not be nearly as comprehensive for ICND2 material."

And Ron from Parks and Rec. would say, "Please and thank you."
cd /pub; more beer

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    I don't think the 200-125 is a single book; rather it's a library containing both books: 100-105 & 200-105. I base this on the fact that I have the 200-120 library that contains the 100-101 and 200-101 books.
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    Odom's books are always extremely long, but really detailed. Lammle's books tend to be shorter, objective-written, and more readable. I used Odom's book for 100-105, and Lammle for 200-105, enjoyed Lammle more. That's what it is about right? Enjoying what you do. And rob42 is right, it's two books.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I second using Todd Lammle's book. I had both and found Todd's much easier to learn from.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil