Options

Resume Review

fuzzygodzillafuzzygodzilla Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask for a review of my resume if you don't mind. I'm going to be moving to the Netherlands pretty soonish and I'm gonna be looking for networking related jobs first and foremost. The current job I have is somewhat of a VAR/MSP type of gig and it's also a one man show. Our clients tend to be on the smaller side (up to about 50 employees) so I don't have a lot of experience with huge, very complex enterprises, but on the flipside I bump into a lot of different tech and devices from a lot of vendors.

Since English is not my first language, some of my phrasing might be awkward. If so, please point them out :) I have real hard time defining myself and what I do in succint PR talk so it all looks awkward to me :D

I've looked up some other resume advice threads and most agree that instead of describing what I do day to day it's better to list some achievements. I'm not sure if what I put down into that section is sufficient for that, my job is pretty weird and I jump around different networks quite a lot. I guess I consider them accomplishments because it's all self taught, whenever I learned about something new I integrated that into our company's portfolio and successfully implemented them in working environments and I'm proud of that.

I also have a successful CCNP SWITCH exam but from what I gathered I shouldn't put that on the resume unless I complete the other 2 exams and get the cert. (Which I might only do after I move, I pretty much already have the knowledge for them but the costs are quite hefty compared to Hungarian salaries. The exams cost the same here but I only make about a fifth of what I will make over there so...)

Anyway, here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UZ0KzXMEfaSUJnLS1vdi0zOWM/view