Options

Sometimes, minimal effort pays off (Passed 70-410!)

... Not that I'd recommend doing it that way.

Passed by the skin of my teeth with a 739 (700 was the passing score)

Normally I would prepare better, but I've been putting this off and my term at WGU is nearly over so I decided to go for it this morning. Oh, and this MS/Windows stuff isn't at all interesting to me (more into linux/networking.)

Resources used over the past 4 months (although most of the studying was in the first two months, sadly):

Technet (born to learn is a great resource if you don't have access to WGU's list of technet articles or a similar resource)
CBT Nuggets
MeasureUp labs
My own lab environment.
Transcender practice tests

I guess CBT Nuggets was my primary study resource, I struggle to believe that I actually learned anything considering how much I hate how the guy teaches and all his rambling. I did minimal labbing outside of measureup, going forward I'm going to look at nesting Hyper-V in vsphere, not getting much hands experience with that definitely hurt.

Few pointers for anyone taking this soon:

- Know IPv6 and subnetting (ipv4 and ipv6), those probably ended up being the easy questions I got right that put my into the "Pass" category
- Know and practice hyper-v and storage stuff - specifically vhd vs vhdx, HV gen 1 vs gen 2 features, stuff like that. \
- It sucks to have to study and memorize this, but be familiar with the upgrade paths.
- I don't think there is a need to get indepth with any role or feature other than ADDS, DHCP, and DNS. Learn the basics, but as an example either CBT Nuggets or MeasureUp had me setting up a file services failover cluster - interesting to configure and potentially useful in the real world, but from my perspective, not really necessary for the exam.
- Know DHCP and DNS well - Where things should be configured, how to troubleshoot obscure issues, etc.

While studying I thought the Transcender exams were kind of useless especially since they had a lot of material that was not found on WGU's course of study, but it turns out some of those questions are pretty dead on.
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I agree with you about it sucking to have to memorize the upgrade paths. Seems like wasted effort to me lol
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F