Options

Free PTS course from eLearnSecurity

2»

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I woke up to an e-mail stating I got mine. Haven't registered it yet, but I intend to. Since the barebones is without a LAB, the UDEMY courses are a great compliment because they help you learn to build your own lab.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Re: Zaid's Udemy courses and creating labs

Zaid teaches a low cost on creating a lab using Oracle VM Virtual Box, Kali Linux, Metasploitable, and others. I took it last year. As stated above, his training is great. I'm using the lab I created from his course alongside my eJPT training. When I finish eJPT, I'll take one of his other Udemy courses.
  • Options
    RizzyBoneRizzyBone Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm new here currently debating whether to drop the $200 or not on the eJPT course. I really want to be sure I get a good foundation of knowledge to build off of. I was set on the eJPT after watching the webinar, but now I'm seeing these Udemy posts and second guessing putting that much money towards something I could get for way cheaper and possibly of better quality. It looks like they cover mostly the same material. Is there anything that really sets the eJPT apart from Zaid's course on Udemy?
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since you have the Barebones eJPT and it's free, go ahead and take that. If nothing else, the materials will make for good reference no matter what you decide to do.

You can get most Udemy courses for $10-$20. Some cost more, but some are free.
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The zaid courses look interesting, but they do feel pricy even if cheaper. There is an appeal to gaining something to put on your resume though, and a clear roadmap. I really don't know which of the Zaid courses to take in place of eJPT. I also have a stigma with places like udemt where I go to them expecting free/cheap courses, and when something is more then say 20 bucks I look elsewhere. It's conditioning.
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have free(barebones) code?

Thanks!
    Working On: eCPPT