CISSP vs. CISM (which exam is tougher?)

2»

Comments

• dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    renolds said:
    Good info. I had studied for the CISSP and was about to sit for it when I found out that it requires you provide a whole heap of PII to the testing centre who would then pass that information to ISC2 in the US. Having to provide a palm vein scan was going too far.I decided against having so much identity information be gathered simply for sitting a test. I'm starting to study for the CISM instead. Based on the website it doesn't collect so much information.
    I hated sitting for my CISSP, they wouldnt let me sit in the lobby and study, and as soon as you walk in you dont even get a 5-10 min grace period for arriving 10-15 mins before your exam, they try to register you to take the test right away, I had to do the palm scan more than once since it wasnt registering because my palms were cold (due to it being very cold that day), and I couldnt even wear my jacket for whatever reason, I took my test FREEZING because I didn't have my jacket and the testing center had the air on, and that kinda messed with my ability to think a little bit

I passed, but overall the worst testing experience due to a combination of factors 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited December 2019
    I think the CISM material is much more boring (i.e., negatively stimulating) to study than the CISSP material, so I'm thinking CISM will end up being the tougher exam for me overall.
  • porivudiporivudi Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□