CISA revoked status

shoaib1974shoaib1974 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Fellows:

My CISA designation is revoked due to non compliance with CPE policy. I made a mistake and even though I have earned the CPE, never bothered to report them to ISACA since 2010. I was under a wrong impression that ISACA can temporarily suspend CISA designation and will not revoke it. in fact they forwarded me some emails indicating about the status but I was so occupied with my professional duties that hardly I check my personal emails. lately I found about those emails and when I contacted ISACA, they told me about revocation. Initially ISACA representative told me that I have to retake and re pass the exam but when I explained her and asked about appeal policy, she informed me because I did not submit the CPE for 2012-2016, keeping in view the timeframe, I am required to retake the exam. however, in the same email she told me that I can contact the board along-with letter and CPE earned evidences.

I need some advice how to appeal and what stance should I take so that my CISA designation is restored. any member with CISA revoked status may contribute with his or her experience. I would really appreciate it.

Shoaib

Comments

• coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Senior Member CISSP, CISA, CISMMember Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1st, have you always keep up with your dues? $$$

If no, my guess is your out of luck!
    If yes, continue...

& if you actually did all the CPE's, prepare a nice letter with all the information & start an appeal
    I would also go and re-read the current CISA application!
    that said, going 4 years without summit ANY CPE's might be a tough sell!

as for how to appeal, after writing the letter, including all your supporting 4 years of CPE documentation to

certification at isaca dot org

or print, sign & actually snail mail it! (address on the bottom of the CISA application)
    That might be more professional and you MIGHT get a better result!

if you e-mail they will send you an auto-reply they got your message
    Keep in mind they are now processing CISA & CISM applications so if you sent it in today your actual real response might take be 2+ months!

Lastly, not to throw salt into this wound but part of being a CISA is that you actually follow this type of stuff (i.e. summit your CPE's!)

Good luck!
  • EANxEANx Senior Member Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have multiple certs that require CPEs to keep current. I set reminders both at work and on my phone to trigger at 9 months out, 6 months out, three months out and one month out as reminders. Part of being a professional is keeping up with continuing requirements. Figure out where your weak points are and use technology to overcome them.
  • beadsbeads Senior Member Member Posts: 1,523 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I let my CISSP lapse years ago out of indifference and retook the exam, passed and got over my feelings of security shame and self-loathing.

Its a few bucks and some time in the testing center.

- b/eads
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Senior Member CISSP, CISA, CISMMember Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    I let my CISSP lapse years ago out of indifference and retook the exam, passed and got over my feelings of security shame and self-loathing.

Its a few bucks and some time in the testing center.

- b/eads

yo beads

whats is

E|CH

lol
  • shoaib1974shoaib1974 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your recommendations coffeisgood ... I know I was irresponsible and somewhat careless ... Anyways, lets see what will happen next. What I believe, if CISA has appeal policy and in fact they can reconsider and reinstate the status, I have every chance to be reinstated. Finger crossed
  • geeemceegeeemcee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited November 24
    Hi anyone here experienced the same? Were you able to get reinstatement through appeal or you retook the exam? I was preoccupied with professional duties while getting my life back after tragedies and just happened to revisit my email. Appreciate your help!! :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,828 Admin
    Have you actually tried appealing to the certification vendor? 
  • geeemceegeeemcee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually haven’t. Are they strict with the 3-year cycle rule of 120 CPE? I have filed mine for two years but lacks after the 3rd. I completed the 120 during the middle of the 4th year. Would it be possible to have it appealed? What could be the possible way? Thank you very much!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,828 Admin
    Yes it is possible to have it appealed. The first step is to contact ISACA and explain your situation. Let us know how it goes.
  • cisagurucisaguru Junior Member Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Shoaib -  Do let us know if you were able to appeal successfully. This information will be useful to all members and will act as a word of caution.