Options

Where to download Palo Alto images

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Does anybody know where in the name of Ormuz one can download Palo Alto images (*.ova files) that can be used on a VMWare workstation network? Other than purchasing the images from Palo Alto I searched all over the internet and did not see any viable place to download this on the internet.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    egrizzly wrote: »
    Does anybody know where in the name of Ormuz one can download Palo Alto images (*.owa files) that can be used on a VMWare workstation network? Other than purchasing the images from Palo Alto I searched all over the internet and did not see any viable place to download this on the internet.

You can't. Palo Alto does not offer them freely. Even if somehow you found a VM image, it wouldnt work because you need a license to activate the product. From what i have been told, you can get the lower end PA boxes for about $800 online or you can attend Palo Alto events and win something, usually they offer them at drawings, or if your company already uses Palo Alto, ask your sales rep for a free Palo Alto, the low end models for your personal use. Usually they have no problem giving you these around upgrade times or contract renewal periods.
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ok, I found where to get them. The current links to download them are generally provided when you sign up for any one of the Palo Alto training courses (found a couple from CBTNuggets, Udemy.com). You have to pay for the courses of course...very affordable. Out of respect for the information sharing on this board I just thought I, well....share the find.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+