Options

70-680 exam question

neochanges1neochanges1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

Microsoft noob here, I just wanted to ask if Windows 7 is still worth to take? I currently have A+ and I've did some research and found out that there's some overlapping topics between the A+901/902 and the 70-680 exam. Should I just go for something else that will benefit me more in landing an IT job? I don't have any job experience yet but I have great personal knowledge when it comes to IT stuff.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but passing 70-680 will get me MCP right? And 70-686 is MCITP?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Actually, what about MTA? I've heard that if you already have A+, it's not really worth it and just go straight to MCP then MCSA.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd strongly advise getting the network+ before doing 70-680. It presumes a bit of networking knowledge and is a pretty tough cert for a newbie.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as i know every MS exam that starts with 70-xxx will reward you with the MCP certification.

IMO Windows 7 is not worth the take anymore. Only 3 more years of extended support.

If you want to take on the desktop side:
    I'd go for the 70-698, after that the 70-697. After the 697 you'll be an MCSA Windows 10.
    698 is the "real" Windows 10 exam, 697 is very heavy towards all the cloud stuff Microsoft offers (Azure and so on).

If you want to take on the server side:
    If you never did something with servers -> MTA first
    I'd take on 98-365 (server), then 98-366(networking). Or take the network+ (that may be a better value)
    The MTA Server is based on Windows Server 2008. The basics are the same though.
    After that you can start with 70-740 or 70-410 (depends on if you want a Server 2012 or 2016 certification)
    If you go for 410,411,412 and after that the 743 you'll get both (MCSA Server 2012 and 2016).

For either side:
    Don't take MS exams easy. You need to lab hard and read technet a lot!
    Register for the Microsoft Virtual Academy (it's free!). https://mva.microsoft.com/
    Don't use braindumps!
  • Options
    Really appreciate all the responses you guys, I think I'm gonna attempt to take 680 with all my might! And if I fail, i'll keep trying. Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    Ops, I meant Network + not MCP 680!